Looking for your dream dress? But within your budget? Let’s talk about it. Wedding dress budgets are a delicate topic… some brides have plenty to spend for their dress, while others are looking for a more affordable option. This may be for many reasons, such as trying to keep the total cost of the wedding down, or perhaps choosing to invest more money in that amazing photographer or venue. It may simply be that with the cost of living on the rise, everyone is looking to save a little extra cash for a rainy day. The average bride spends £1,313 on her wedding dress, but that’s not to say you can’t get one any cheaper. However with that price in mind, we’ve put together our top 5 truly beautiful wedding dresses for under £1500.
Tips For Choosing Wedding Dresses Under £1500
There are a number of things to be aware of when dress shopping to help keep the overall cost down without compromising quality. A few top tips include:
- Choose a dress with less beading/intricate detail. All that fine beading work must be hand-beaded, which means time, which of course equals more cost. Perhaps choose a sparkly beaded belt to jazz up a simpler dress, or look into statement bridal accessories as that little extra something.
- If you’re looking for a lace dress, consider limiting the lace to the bodice only. Lace is expensive, much more expensive than satin or chiffon. Therefore a full lace dress can add to the cost considerably, and a beautiful lace bodice can have just as much impact.
- Consider how long you really need your train to be – a longer train means more fabric which means a higher price. This is particularly the case for lace as lace is expensive (see above).
Looking for wedding dresses under £1500 doesn’t mean looking for a cheap wedding dress. By following the advice above, you can really keep the cost of your wedding dress down without sacrificing on quality.
Our 5 Favourite Affordable and Luxurious Wedding Dresses
So now we know how to keep the costs down, here are a few of our absolute favourites, all retailing under £1500 at The Boutique & Co.
- 1. ‘BIANCA’ by The Boutique Bride. One of our newest arrivals from our own in house collection. She’s a gorgeous crepe slip dress with empire seaming, bikini neckline, and low open back. A great choice for brides looking for a simple but stunning design.
- 2. ‘ELORA’ by Madi Lane. Ahh, beautiful Elora. She’s undeniably gorgeous, featuring layers of tulle, a super flattering sweetheart neckline, detachable sleeves and a floral motif covering her entire bodice. All this modern romance and she’s under £1500!
- 3. ‘THEO’ by Luna Novias. You get the best of both worlds with this two-piece wedding dress. With trousers made of crepson, plus a tulle overskirt this design will exude comfort and effortless style, all for less than £1500.
- 4. ‘HALIFAX’ by Adriana Alier. Another effortless, crepe beauty coming from one of our more budget friendly designers. The Halifax dress is a perfect choice for the laid back, boho chic bride. Complete with draping detail at the waist, a boat neckline, open back with lace appliqué combined with dreamy flowing sleeves. She’s a lightweight luxury without the heavy price tag.
- 5. ‘LANTANA’ by Luna Novias. A super popular dress amongst our brides, and we can see why! The Lantana dress is a relaxed fit that features, lace, chiffon, pleats at the waist, a deep-plunge neckline and a back with sheer inserts. Perfect for making a statement and saving some £££.
So there you have our top 5 favourite wedding dresses under £1500. If you’d like to book an appointment to try these and lots of others on, please get in touch here.
We are also excited to announce we are having a Luna Novias 2023 Collection Trunk Show this month, from 28th – 30th October. This event will feature up to 40 dresses from the brand new collection, most retailing for under £1500! These dresses will only be in our store for this one weekend, so don’t miss out if you’re still searching for a beautiful and affordable designer wedding dress. Click here to view the dresses we will have available for this event. Book a trunk show appointment and find your dream dress for less!